Link e filing Income Tax with Aadhar Card
If you are a taxpayer in India, then it is mandatory to link your Aadhaar Card with your Income Tax Returns (ITR). You can easily link your Aadhaar Card by yourself with your ITR. To do so, you must visit the official e-filing website of the Income Tax Department of India.
Follow the Steps Below to Link Your Aadhaar Card with ITR :-
- Go to the website https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home
- Click on Link Aadhaar. You will find this option on the left-hand side of the interface.
- Enter your PAN number.
- Now, enter your Aadhaar number.
- Enter your name as per your Aadhar Card.
- Click on the option “I have only a year of birth in the Aadhaar Card” if only your birth year is shown as the date of birth on your Aadhaar card.
- Enter the code in the image captcha.
- People who are visually challenged, can choose to receive OTP instead of entering the code in the image captcha.
- Click on “Link Aadhaar”.
Your Aadhaar will now be linked to your PAN. However, for successful linking, your details must match in both the documents.
Link PAN and Aadhaar via SMS
You can also link your PAN and Aadhaar details via SMS. Follow the format below to link PAN and Aadhaar via SMS:
Send the message to 567678 or 56161