Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Documents
We have provided a comprehensive Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana documents list below:
- PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, Passport, driving license, etc. These are used as identity proof.
- Voter ID Card, Aadhaar, passport, a policy of life insurance, etc. These are used as address proof.
- ITR receipts, bank reports for last 6 months, salary slips (last two months). These are collected as proof of income.
- Deed of sale, certificate of registration of properties, contract for sale/purchase. These documents are used as proof of purchase.
A duly registered job beneficiary card registered by MGNREGA Swachh Bharat (SBM) number of the applicant.
The copy of the identity proof must be self-attested. If a person is illiterate, a letter of consent must be obtained along with the thumbprint of the beneficiary.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Documents for Self-employed Applicants for PMAY Subsidy:
- Proof of the company's existence and address
- MOA, if applicable.
About Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is divided into two main elements that increase the benefits of housing. The first being PMAY-U (or urban) and the other being PMAY-G (or Gramin/Rural).
PMAY-U extends subsidies via Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS), while PMAY-G gives aids to assist the rural poor to buy or build pucca houses. People who have been applying for benefits under this scheme can check their beneficiary applications easily with the release of PMAY online lists and benefit accordingly.
On June 1st, 2015, the government launched Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana to provide the urban poor with affordable housing. PMAY is a scheme by the Central Government with the mission of providing affordable housing for all income groups in urban areas from 2015 to 2022.
Objectives of PMAYG
The objective of this social welfare system is to provide economic aid to the economically marginalized population and give them access to the providers of housing infrastructure.
The Central Government aims to provide not only permanent housing for all beneficiaries of this arrangement by 2022 but also additional facilities like power, LPG, and road links.
The Rural Development Minister examined the scheme in 2019 and recent studies show that a significant part of the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana target was reached.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for PMAY
The beneficiary's annual household income must meet the criteria defined under different categories. To avail of PMAY benefits, the individual should fall under any one of these 4 categories:
- Economically week/EWS
- Lower-income group/LIG
- Middle-income group I/MIG I
- Middle-income group II/MIG II
Individuals falling under the categories listed above are eligible to use the PMAY subsidy system.
Additionally, individuals or families meeting the following conditions are also eligible:
- Every family without land or housing.
- All families with non-permanent kaccha housing, either one or two rooms. Moreover, the walls and roofs of the kaccha house should not be of concrete.
- Any household that has no literate man over the age of 25. Any family without a member from 15 to 59 years of age. Any family with a disabled member may also enjoy
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Gramin Yojana's benefits.
- Those who have no permanent job and work only casually.
- People belonging to minority groups as well as scheduled tribes and castes.
Other conditions include:
- No pucca home in any part of the country shall be owned by the beneficiary or any other member of the beneficial family.
- No CLSS subsidy must have been availed by the beneficiary or to any other member of the family of the beneficiary.
Key Features of the PMAY-Gramin Scheme
- The total cost of providing the rural poor with residential benefits will be shared between the central government and the state. The ratio is now set at 60:40, the last figure being the contribution of each state. The total contribution will be Rs 1.20 Lakh for all non-hill states.
- Contribution levels in hilly states, particularly in the North, have a ratio of 90:10, 90% of which is provided by the central government. The Jammu and Kashmir Union Territory also complies with the same provisions. The total amount available for these states is Rs. 1.30 Lakh. This is used to build permanent residential units.
- All the other will receive 100% central government funding. The total costs incurred are not broken down.
- The PMAY Gramin scheme will substitute for all existing non-permanent homes and significantly improve the living conditions of rural poor people.
- Targets were set to ensure that the delivery of the houses is not delayed. A total of 2.95 cr permanent buildings are planned to be built by March 2022. The first step was 1 crore house in the financial years 2016-2017 to 2018-2019. In the second phase, 1.95 crore houses are the target.
- Further financial aid for the building of permanent toilets accompanying each house is Rs. 12,000 per beneficiary. The Swachh Bharat Mission-Gramin or SBM-G provides this additional support. This scheme is to support the rural citizens to have access to healthy living. By the way, it is also a flagship program for the government to provide access to sanitized living conditions.
- The MGNREGAs will also provide all beneficiaries with Rs. 90.95 per day of unskilled labor.
Benefits of the PMAY-Gramin Scheme
- All beneficiaries of this scheme can use loans from pre-determined financial institutions of up to Rs. 70,000. This amount is then used to construct a permanent house.
- When repaying this amount, some benefits are available. When compared with ordinary non-subsidized loans, interest rates will be 3% lower.
- Rs. 2 lakh is the maximum principal amount, for which subsidies can be sought.
- Further advantages such as the LPG connectivity (Ujjwala Yojana) and other essential facilities are also available.
- Houses built on hilly grounds will have increased financial support.
The idea of PMAY is to provide affordable housing to the urban poor and rural people by the year 2022.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced the 2021 Union Budget where she suggested that affordable housing would be extended. She also announced a tax exemption on cost-effective rental projects.
As part of her budget speech, the Finance Minister also announced affordable migrant workers' housing. She also announced that Rs.1.5 lakh would be deducted additionally from all housing loans taken before March 31st, 2022.
Ms. Sitharaman also announced an extension of tax holidays for affordable housing projects to another year ending March 31st, 2022.
Private Finance Loan Related FAQs
You can apply for PMAY in two ways:
- Online mode - You can apply online for the scheme by visiting the official website. To apply, you must have a valid Aadhaar Card.
- Physical application - You can apply for the scheme offline by completing a form available at the Common Service Centre (CSC). The cost of the form is Rs. 25 plus GST.
You can check to see if your name is on the PMAY list by taking the following steps:
- 1st step: Go to the official website.
- 2nd step: Select ‘Find Beneficiary.’
- 3rd step: Input your Aadhaar number.
- 4th step: Select ‘Show.’
If the existing home loan borrowers meet all of the eligibility requirements, they are eligible for the PMAY scheme.
The Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) is a critical benefit component of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana that allows eligible individuals to receive interest rate subsidies on home loans for the purchase or construction of an affordable residence.