Link Your Aadhaar with Ration Card
The Government of India has initiated a ration card aadhaar link drive. This move has been taken to offer several benefits to the citizens and to prevent the fraud cases too. You can link your aadhaar with ration online and offline as well. Read below to know more.
How to Link Aadhaar with a Ration Card Offline?
- To link your aadhaar with your ration card offline, you can visit a ration shop or your nearest Public Distribution System (PDS)
- You must have photocopies of your ration card
- Family members’ aadhaar card photocopies
- A passport-size photo of the head of your family
- If you do not have a bank account that is linked with your aadhaar card, then you can take a photocopy of your bank passbook and submit it
- You must submit the above-mentioned documents at any PDS shop. Do not forget to submit your aadhaar photocopy too
- You might have to give your fingerprint authentication if you are authenticating aadhaar for the first time
- After submitting the documents, you will receive an SMS notification in your registered mobile number
- Once the ration card aadhaar link process is successful, you will be notified by another SMS
How to Link Your Aadhaar with Your Ration Card Online?
Though there is no official site for ration card aadhaar link as of yet, many states do allow to link aadhaar card with ration card online. Check the steps to know more:
- Go to the official site of your state’s Public Distribution System’s Portal
- Enter your ration card number followed by your aadhaar card number
- Enter the mobile number with which you have registered
- Click on Continue or Submit
- You will receive an OTP in your registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP to proceed with your request for ration card aadhaar Link
Required Documents for Linking Aadhar to Ration Card
You will require the following documents for ration card aadhaar Link:
- A photocopy of your ration card
- Your original card for verification
- Photocopies of aadhaar of all your family members
- Passport-size photograph of your family’s head
- A copy of your bank passbook (required only if bank account is not yet linked with your aadhaar)
Benefits of Ration Card Aadhaar Link
There are several benefits of ration card aadhaar link. Some of these are mentioned below:
- This initiative has been taken by the Government of India to reduce fake ration cardholders who are taking advantage of the subsidies that are meant only for BPL families.
- After aadhaar is linked with a ration card, one will not be able to possess multiple Ration cards with fake details.
- Prevention of fraudulent practices
- As the distribution system is enabled with biometric technology, PDS shops will be able to identify beneficiaries that are genuine. This identification process will also help them to segregate the benefits accordingly.
- This initiative can even control the diversion and leakage of PDS ration
- It can even remove corrupt middlemen as Aadhaar creates an audit trail in the PDS.