HDFC Balance Check Number
Do you hold an HDFC Bank account? If yes, then you can check your account balance in many different ways. HDFC bank makes use of the latest technology to offer a plethora of options to its customers so that they can check their account balances in the best way without any hassle. Let's explore all the methods that HDFC's customers use to check their account's balance and other financial transactions.
4 Ways to Check the HDFC Bank Account Balance
Customers must be aware of various ways through which they can enquire about their current balance of savings account to avoid wasteful spending and fraudulent activities.
- Using the HDFC Balance Enquiry Number
- Account holders can check their savings account by giving a ring on the HDFC balance enquiry number 1800-270-3333.
- Customers can also use another toll-free number 022-61606161 and check their balance by selecting a language and following the IVR instructions.
It is important to ensure that the number used to give on the toll-free number is registered with the HDFC bank. Usually, after 2-3 missed calls, customers receive the bank balance details and the mini-bank statement in their SMS inbox.
Apart from the HDFC bank balance enquiry number, sending SMS is another effective way to know the balance status.
- To use this route, you need to send an SMS to 5676712 as SMS REGISTER<\Customer ID><\Last 5 Digits of your Account number>.
- Once you follow this procedure, you'll see an instant message pop up in your SMS including all the necessary bank balance details.
- For getting a mini statement, customers are required to send "TXN" on 5676712.
People wanting to check their balance can follow these simple steps to make use of the internet banking facility.
- Search the official website of HDFC Bank on google chrome from your pc, laptop or mobile phone.
- Tap on the Login key near the top-right corner of the website.
- Select the Net Banking option under the Personal Login Head and then click on the Login button.
- Then move ahead to the Continue to Net Banking option.
- Enter your User Name, Password and other credentials.
- Once you are done with these steps, you can now have an HDFC Balance enquiry from the login portal.
- To make use of the WhatsApp banking facility to check your savings account balance, you need to save the number 7065970659 and shoot a message from your registered mobile number.
- All you need to do is chat with the AI chatbot and enquire about your HDFC account current balance.
- After successfully answering all the questions, you'd receive your bank balance on the WhatsApp chat itself.
HDFC Account Balance Check through Mobile Applications
Now let's have a look at some of the mobile methods that customers can use to get their mini-bank statements and balance enquiries.
- Visiting the ATM in the Vicinity:
Customers can visit the ATM in their vicinity and check their bank account's balances with the help of a debit card.
- All it requires is selecting the bank balance enquiry option and certain credentials to know the available balance in your savings account.
- Soon after, the balance will be screened and the receipt of the same will be issued via the bank.
HDFC bank application is available on both google play store and Apple App Store. Customers can download the application and enter the username and password to log in to the application.
- The application enables the customer to get the mini-statement, HDFC Balance Enquiry and many other transactions quickly and on the go.
These are some of the best ways to check your account bank balance at any time in a hassle-free manner. While HDFC Bank check number remains the most preferred method people are slowly moving towards other options as well. You can also use the HDFC credit card balance to check your credit card balance and plan your future expenses prudently.
HDFC Balance Check Number - Related FAQs
To check your HDFC bank balance with the missed call system, you need to dial 1800-270-3333.
To get your HDFC mini statement, give a ring on the toll-free number 1800-270-3355. You can also send "TXN" to 5676712 from your registered mobile number.
You can use HDFC's bank balance inquiry number and missed call services if you don't have access to the world wide web. All you need to do is 022-61606161 or give a missed call on 1800-270-3335. Also, you can send the message 'BAL<\last 5-digits of a/c no.>' to 5676712.
Yes, it is necessary to have your mobile number registered while enquiring about your account balance. You can only receive your mini-bank statement and other details when your registered mobile number is active and functioning.
No, there are no limits on the number of queries that can be put up on the HDFC's mobile application. You can ask 'n' number of queries at any time, anywhere.